1. Anyone who wishes to make a change and has a social initiative to put forward that will have a positive impact, can apply. The initiative can be:
a. Of a non-profit Nature
An initiative with a social purpose that does not generate any profits. Ideally run by an organisation that is registered as a voluntary organisation.
b. A Social Enterprise
A social enterprise is an organisation that applies commercial strategies to maximize social impact. Any profits made are put back into the initiative and their social mission is as core to their success as any potential profit.
If you are uncertain about your eligibility, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Purpose is a purpose which benefits the community, and which includes, but is not limited to:
- the advancement of education, including physical education and sports;
- the advancement of health;
- social and community advancement, including the integration of persons who are disadvantaged or disabled;
- the advancement of culture, arts and national heritage;
- the advancement of environmental protection and improvement, including the protection of animals;
- the promotion of human rights, conflict resolution, democracy and reconciliation;
- the relief of poverty, pain and suffering, and other humanitarian needs;
- animal welfare
Anyone with an idea for an inspiring initiative that will have a positive impact can apply to participate in CHANGEMAKERS. Applicants will be chosen to audition in front of a panel of judges, which will be broadcast on national TV over different programmes.
Those handpicked during auditions will go through a mentoring and project building phase with professionals to fine tune their initiative, with only the best ones making it to the final round. Here, they will pitch their initiative on live TV, allowing the judges and all of Malta to vote for the winner.
The judges will be announced shortly.
Each Application will be evaluated by a team based on the following criteria:
a) Impact. How will the proposed initiative improve lives and how many people will be affected if successful?
b) Feasibility. Does the team have a well-developed, realistic plan to execute the proposal?
c) Sustainability. Is the program and funding sustainable?
d) Inspiration. What is the inspiration and the story behind this initiative? Why do you wish to make this change?
When preparing a budget for us to review, you should include any budget line items that are needed to launch / run the initiative, including overheads and salaries.
A winning initiative will be awarded up to €100,000.
Participants that do not win or make it to the final round will still have received exposure, mentoring, networking opportunities and the possibility of getting further support.
Contact us on email@example.com or via Whatsapp on 79001663.